You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Mac Camera is not working on Chrome or Safari

When I try to go live on Facebook from my Mac, I get the following message: Camera permission denied

You have blocked camera access. To go live, please update your browser settings to allow access.

I have allowed access on Chrome, I get the same problem on Safari, and I have made sure Chrome is checked in the Permission area. The camera works with Apple products like FaceTime and QuickTime. So, it's not a hardware issue.

I just tried another streaming service, and got a similar message:

You have blocked camera access. To go live, please update your browser settings to allow access.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on May 13, 2019 1:28 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 13, 2019 1:43 PM

I can't help with Facebook or Google specifically, but to permit Safari access to your MacBook Air's FaceTime camera, open  (Apple menu) > System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy > Camera.

If Safari appears there, select it.

There is another place to check: Safari menu > Preferences > Websites > Camera. Determine if the Facebook website appears in the list to the right. If so you will find a dropdown menu with choices Ask, Deny, Allow.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 13, 2019 1:43 PM in response to pinchas207

I can't help with Facebook or Google specifically, but to permit Safari access to your MacBook Air's FaceTime camera, open  (Apple menu) > System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy > Camera.

If Safari appears there, select it.

There is another place to check: Safari menu > Preferences > Websites > Camera. Determine if the Facebook website appears in the list to the right. If so you will find a dropdown menu with choices Ask, Deny, Allow.

My Mac Camera is not working on Chrome or Safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.