You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Update to Mojave issues

My update says i am unable to update to Mojave but everything i read says i should be able to. I have a MacBook Pro late 2013

MacBook Pro

Posted on May 14, 2019 3:34 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 14, 2019 3:43 PM

Mac Hardware Requirements

For details about your Mac model, click the Apple icon at the top left of your screen and choose About This Mac. These Mac models are compatible with macOS Mojave:

• MacBook (Early 2015 or newer)
  • MacBook Air (Mid 2012 or newer)
  • MacBook Pro (Mid 2012 or newer)
  • Mac mini (Late 2012 or newer)
  • iMac (Late 2012 or newer)
  • iMac Pro (2017)
  • Mac Pro (Late 2013; Mid 2010 and Mid 2012 models with recommended Metal-capable graphics cards)

To find the model identifier open System Profiler in the Utilities' folder. It's displayed in the panel on the right. You may also find the complete model information by selecting About This Mac from the Apple menu.

Then provide exact details of what happened when you tried to update. What version of macOS are you currently using? To use an updater you must be running 10.14.x. Otherwise, you need an upgrader which you will find in the App Store.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 14, 2019 3:43 PM in response to Danhelfer

Mac Hardware Requirements

For details about your Mac model, click the Apple icon at the top left of your screen and choose About This Mac. These Mac models are compatible with macOS Mojave:

• MacBook (Early 2015 or newer)
  • MacBook Air (Mid 2012 or newer)
  • MacBook Pro (Mid 2012 or newer)
  • Mac mini (Late 2012 or newer)
  • iMac (Late 2012 or newer)
  • iMac Pro (2017)
  • Mac Pro (Late 2013; Mid 2010 and Mid 2012 models with recommended Metal-capable graphics cards)

To find the model identifier open System Profiler in the Utilities' folder. It's displayed in the panel on the right. You may also find the complete model information by selecting About This Mac from the Apple menu.

Then provide exact details of what happened when you tried to update. What version of macOS are you currently using? To use an updater you must be running 10.14.x. Otherwise, you need an upgrader which you will find in the App Store.

Update to Mojave issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.