You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot make in-app purchases using App Store & iTunes credits

I want to make purchases in a game that I have downloaded on my phone but whenever I do it automatically charges my credit card instead of using my gift card balance in my wallet . I even deleted all my subscriptions and my credit card information however it will still not allow me to use my credits. It says “payment information required”. After months of trying to figure it out, I am beyond frustrated!! What do I have to do to use my gift card balance!?

iPhone XR, iOS 12

Posted on May 18, 2019 2:12 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 18, 2019 8:59 PM

iTunes [Store] Support - Use this form for assistance with account and billing, code redemption, or purchase questions --> https://www.apple.com/emea/support/itunes/contact.html

Ask Apple but I think I have seen people mention cases where a few in-app purchases can only be paid with a credit card.

1 reply

Cannot make in-app purchases using App Store & iTunes credits

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.