You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to stop my gmail on my ipad from going directly to my trash folder

how to stop my gmail on my ipad from going directly to my tras folder

iPad, iOS 9

Posted on May 19, 2019 4:49 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 19, 2019 5:33 PM

I don't use gmail, but a google search found this for you. See if it helps:

"Make sure you haven't created any filters with the action Delete it that would affect the messages in question. If you have many filters or have complicated filters in place, you may need to editthe Delete it action to guarantee that they are not at fault. 

If you've enabled forwarding in your settings, please ensure that you have not selected delete Gmail's copy in your forwarding options. 

If you're using a POP client to access Gmail, please ensure that you have not selected delete Gmail's copy in step 2 of your POP download options. 

Finally, if you're accessing your Gmail from multiple POP clients (with recent mode), please verify that you have selected 'Leave a copy of messages on server' in your client configuration settings. "

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 19, 2019 5:33 PM in response to RiponTigers

I don't use gmail, but a google search found this for you. See if it helps:

"Make sure you haven't created any filters with the action Delete it that would affect the messages in question. If you have many filters or have complicated filters in place, you may need to editthe Delete it action to guarantee that they are not at fault. 

If you've enabled forwarding in your settings, please ensure that you have not selected delete Gmail's copy in your forwarding options. 

If you're using a POP client to access Gmail, please ensure that you have not selected delete Gmail's copy in step 2 of your POP download options. 

Finally, if you're accessing your Gmail from multiple POP clients (with recent mode), please verify that you have selected 'Leave a copy of messages on server' in your client configuration settings. "

how to stop my gmail on my ipad from going directly to my trash folder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.