You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to stop some music from playing without deleting it

Hi

In my itunes music library, along with my apple music, I also have some downloaded music lessons for beginner piano.

My problem is that when I am traveling in the car and want to play my apple music (on shuffle) the beginners piano music also plays. I find it (very) annoying and would like to organise my music so that this does not happen.

So I created a playlist specifically for the piano lesson music, but now I am worried that if i delete the piano music from my itunes library I will loose it from the playlist as well.

When I attempted to delete it from the library a message popped up informing me that deleting this would delete these songs from all my devices using icloud library, I guess that means from all playlists.

Anyone experience something like this and found a way to solve the problem?

Many thanks in advance.

L

iPhone 6s, iOS 12

Posted on May 19, 2019 5:18 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 20, 2019 12:32 PM

Hi music-helpers,

Thanks for coming to Apple Support Communities for help ordering the music you want to hear in your library when you shuffle.

This article may be able to help: Add music to your queue to play next.

It sounds like these piano lessons you have uploaded to Apple Music come from files originally uploaded to iTunes. If so, they should still be on your computer if you delete them in iCloud Music Library. You should of course always backup your iTunes music: Back up and restore your iTunes Library.

Have a fantastic day!

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 20, 2019 12:32 PM in response to music-helpers

Hi music-helpers,

Thanks for coming to Apple Support Communities for help ordering the music you want to hear in your library when you shuffle.

This article may be able to help: Add music to your queue to play next.

It sounds like these piano lessons you have uploaded to Apple Music come from files originally uploaded to iTunes. If so, they should still be on your computer if you delete them in iCloud Music Library. You should of course always backup your iTunes music: Back up and restore your iTunes Library.

Have a fantastic day!

How to stop some music from playing without deleting it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.