You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

transferring music from iphone to Itunes library on computer

I have iphone XR and am using the 6 month free trial to download music to Itunes on my phone. How can I transfer these downloads to my computer ? All software is up to date with phone and computer.

iPhone XR, iOS 12

Posted on May 20, 2019 1:15 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 20, 2019 1:21 PM

You don’t have to transfer anything. Just use the same AppleID in iTunes in all your devices.

See Turn on iCloud Music Library with Apple Music - Apple Support

Also, I believe the Apple Music free trial is only 3 months, not six. So subscription fees apply after three months unless you cancel.

3 replies

May 20, 2019 1:21 PM in response to lady liz

I don’t believe that is possible. I’m guessing that you are referring to a free trial of Apple Music? If so, that is subscription music and an only be used when subscribed. It cannot be added to the library, just used on devices that are logged into the Apple Music service. When you download a song, that just allows you to listen to that song while subscribed and offline.

transferring music from iphone to Itunes library on computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.