You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone XS Max rings on silent mode

My iPhone all of a sudden won’t stop ringing even when I have it on silent mode. I have all the settings correct but it still rings. Any ideas??

iPhone XS Max, iOS 12

Posted on May 23, 2019 10:50 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 4, 2019 7:55 AM

I've been having this same problem for the past month, month and a half. Sometimes it happens, and it just rings even on silent, and the person is not a contact, so there's no Emergency Bypass setting to look at. Still happens even if I toggle the switch in silent mode.

Restarting seems to fix it, but it happens again after a while, and I haven't been able to track down what the trigger is.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 4, 2019 7:55 AM in response to KiltedTim

I've been having this same problem for the past month, month and a half. Sometimes it happens, and it just rings even on silent, and the person is not a contact, so there's no Emergency Bypass setting to look at. Still happens even if I toggle the switch in silent mode.

Restarting seems to fix it, but it happens again after a while, and I haven't been able to track down what the trigger is.

iPhone XS Max rings on silent mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.