You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trimming audio clips in iMovies

New to iMovies and having trouble with adding audio. Can't find anything under search or maybe I'm not searching for the correct terms.

I have 3 songs I want to use in the background but iMovies won't let me add them where I want to. I'll add a song from My Media and the audio will appear under the pictures. iMovies doesn't let me drag the beginning or end of the clips where I want them. It's like there's a hard wall at certain points in the video. If I drag a song beyond it, iMovies will "flip" the whole song to the other side of the this "wall".  

What am I missing?

iMac 21.5", macOS 10.14

Posted on May 25, 2019 5:46 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 25, 2019 7:46 AM

Hi, vin,

Expand your time line by moving the slider next to the Settings button at the right hand side of your screen, above the timeline. That will let you move your audio freely.

-- Rich

3 replies

Trimming audio clips in iMovies

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.