You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

keyboard and mouse pad suddenly not responding

Hi,

My mouse pad and onboard keyboard suddenly stopped responding today. I closed laptops screen lid as always but this time with horrible results.

Does anyone has had the same problems and solutions for this "quite" annoying problem?

I tried rebooting already but no difference.

Luckily usb mouse and keyboard are still working...

Thanks for your help before hand!

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on May 27, 2019 12:32 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 27, 2019 1:12 PM

You do not say what exact Mac /model /year /size /retina /touchbar is this

or

what exact macOS you are currently running?

Try resetting NVRAM/PRAM http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1379

5 replies

May 28, 2019 5:38 AM in response to tomi209

Hmm... interesting... It started working for a short period of time by itself, but it was just like 5 minutes and after that the problem came back.

I tried "leroydouglas" hint to reset NVRAM/PRAM and HURRAAY it worked! Thank you so much! I hope this fix will last...

I just wonder what caused this issue in first place? I've been sooo happy for my MacBook because it's been so reliable. I do hope that I can further on trust my MacBook..

Once again, thank you for your help!

Tomi

May 28, 2019 10:17 AM in response to tomi209

Well, I was cheering too early.. same problem comes and goes and my laptop is getting quite warm every now and then without any jobs to do.

Problem occurs when rebooting and it has gone away after linkin with Apple bluetooth keyboard. Any ideas how to get it stable? I think my next step to try is reinstalling mojave..

keyboard and mouse pad suddenly not responding

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.