You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i cant get my aol mail

i did something and now i can't get my aol mail its stuck on imtp i need it on smtp and tried several times to change it and did change password but when i log in it keeps asking me to put my password in for my AOL account and i do but still won't recognize it so any help out here

Posted on May 28, 2019 11:28 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 28, 2019 4:28 PM

That error is very generic and essentially useless, because any authentication failure will result in the same "name or password incorrect" message, even if you are 100% certain those credentials are correct.

Please read If you can’t send or receive email on your Mac - Apple Support. This might also help: Mail Settings Lookup - Apple Support.

Here are some additional troubleshooting steps to follow.

• Temporarily stop using an email account: (Apple menu) > System Preferences... > Internet Accounts > select your email service, and de-select Mail. Wait a moment or two, then select it again. Repeat for each email account you use, testing after each one.
  • If all else fails, temporarily remove that Mail Account from that System Preferences pane, and then add it again.

The last two suggestions are described in greater detail here: Set up Mail with email accounts - Apple Support.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 28, 2019 4:28 PM in response to eyesofyana

That error is very generic and essentially useless, because any authentication failure will result in the same "name or password incorrect" message, even if you are 100% certain those credentials are correct.

Please read If you can’t send or receive email on your Mac - Apple Support. This might also help: Mail Settings Lookup - Apple Support.

Here are some additional troubleshooting steps to follow.

• Temporarily stop using an email account: (Apple menu) > System Preferences... > Internet Accounts > select your email service, and de-select Mail. Wait a moment or two, then select it again. Repeat for each email account you use, testing after each one.
  • If all else fails, temporarily remove that Mail Account from that System Preferences pane, and then add it again.

The last two suggestions are described in greater detail here: Set up Mail with email accounts - Apple Support.

i cant get my aol mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.