You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Granddaughter can't remember ID that she used on my iPad

I let my teenaged granddaughter borrow my old iPad 2 last summer when she was staying with us. I set it up as a new device and she signed in with an Apple ID that she set up just for this iPad. One year later I want to give the iPad away to someone who cannot afford one and it indicates an activation lock associated with the Apple ID that she set up and used last summer. The problem is that she cannot remember the ID and password. We could of course reset the password if we only could remember the ID but we/she have tried everything that she could come up with as a possibility. Is this iPad permanently bricked or is there some workaround that the folks at the Apple Store maybe could help me and her with to get it un-bricked? Any advice is appreciated.

iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi

Posted on May 29, 2019 11:48 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 29, 2019 11:53 AM

Tell her to use Apple's iForgot service or contact their Account Security team, or if you’re the iPad’s original owner, supply the Apple Store with its purchase receipt.

(171900)

Similar questions

1 reply

Granddaughter can't remember ID that she used on my iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.