You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems with Group Messaging

Since an IOS update of my iPhone 6 in late 2018, I’m unable to send or receive group messages when they include an Android user. I recently changed carriers but this did not resolve the problem. I never had problems with this prior to the update. Help!

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 12

Posted on May 30, 2019 5:26 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 30, 2019 6:20 AM

hello, make sure you are using the latest iOS update. When you go to settings>messages>MMS - is group messages turned on there? Have you gone to settings>general>reset>and reset the network settings?

8 replies

May 30, 2019 7:20 AM in response to askbarnabas

They did troubleshooting with this problem to no avail. I didn’t buy my phone from them so I have no recourse. It worked fine until late 2018. I didn’t buy phone at Apple store either so don’t know if going there would be an option. I can group message with other iPhones with no problems. Now I can’t even send or receive a picture through texting with an Android user. Very frustrating.

Problems with Group Messaging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.