You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What to do in preparing an Iphone to Sell or Give to others

Hi I've been trying not to repeat the same mistake I've done before. D: I accidentally deleted all the info in the new device because I erased all the data/restored all settings in the old device linked to the same apple ID. What steps should I do to finally free the old device from the same apple ID? It's also linked in the Find my Iphone *iCloud

Will disassociating an old device with same apple id would stop changes from being made in the new device? I am very much confused in configuring this. I hope you could help me with this.

Thank you very much.

iPhone 6s Plus

Posted on Jun 2, 2019 6:33 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2019 6:39 AM

All the relevant advice is in What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

1 reply

What to do in preparing an Iphone to Sell or Give to others

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.