You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Activation lock

hey there i got an issue since i bought this ipad with my own apple id and now its for activation lock and this is the single device i am using and i have not removed this device from my apple id so what should be the problem

in activation lock process i used my apple id and it said this id can't be used can somebody please guide me?? i have attached the screenshot

[Image Edited by Moderator to Remove Personal Information]

iPad mini Wi-Fi

Posted on Jun 3, 2019 1:06 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2019 1:16 PM

If this is a used device, you will need to contact the previous owner to have them log out of iCloud or go to iCloud.com/Find My Phone and erase the device, then remove it from their account. If you can’t do that, the device is useless.

Activation Lock - Turn off Find My iPhone 

2 replies

Jun 3, 2019 1:10 PM in response to zaman99

The message means that's not the id that iPad is locked to, for the correct account it will show in the Find iPhone section of it on http://www.icloud.com

Have you tried : If you forgot your Apple ID - Apple Support ?

Or, and if you were the original purchaser of the iPad (i.e. it’s not second-hand), you could try going to an Apple Store (make a Genius Bar appointment if you do) or try contacting iTunes Support online (https://www.apple.com/emea/support/itunes/contact.html) and see if they can remove the iPad from the account - they are likely to want to see proof of ownership before they might help e.g. original receipt with the serial number on it

Activation lock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.