You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

canon printer issue after mojave 10.14.5 update

I have a Canon Pixma MX920 printer that has been working just fine with my Macbook Pro. I updated my OS to Mojave 10.14.5 earlier this week and now my printer not only won't work it's not being recognized. I realized the issue when I tried to print something yesterday and the printer wasn't responding, so I went through and restarted the printer and the Macbook, reset the wifi settings on the printer and last I removed the printer from my Macbook. When I went to set the printer back up again it gave me a message that says

Unable to verify the printer on your network

Unable to connect to ‘Canon MX920 series-2._ipp._tcp.local.’ due to an error. Would you still like to create the printer?

My daughter has the same printer (they have different names on the network) and I cannot connect to hers either. I checked on Canon's website and all I see are drivers from September 2018. Anyone know of anything I can do to get my printer running?

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.14

Posted on Jun 8, 2019 10:42 AM

8 replies

Jun 9, 2019 2:58 PM in response to hnybee09

I experienced the same issue after the 10.14.5 Mojave update. I tried multiple times to reload the driver and my MAC simply cannot "see" the printer on Wifi. I ended up "hardwire" via USB and that works. But it is not the same functionality that was possible before the 10.14.5 update. I just checked the Canon driver site and I note that it does not include 10.14.5 in the range of MAC OS's that it covers (the scope stopped at MAC OS 10.13). I am hoping that Canon will release an updated driver that included 10.14 OS soon.

canon printer issue after mojave 10.14.5 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.