You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notes locks

Why would my notes respond to Touch ID on IPad but same notes are asking me to insert a password on my IPhone? Settings show use Touch ID. I didn’t set a specific password for these individual locked notes!

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 9, 2019 1:49 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 9, 2019 1:59 PM

You did set a specific password, as that is the only way to lock notes. You cannot lock notes with just Touch ID or Face ID. Once you set a password you can authorize unlocking notes with Touch ID, but you still will need to use the password under certain conditions, most notably if you have never unlocked them with a password on the device.

There is more detailed information in this link-->Lock notes on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Mac - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 9, 2019 1:59 PM in response to CAPS54

You did set a specific password, as that is the only way to lock notes. You cannot lock notes with just Touch ID or Face ID. Once you set a password you can authorize unlocking notes with Touch ID, but you still will need to use the password under certain conditions, most notably if you have never unlocked them with a password on the device.

There is more detailed information in this link-->Lock notes on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Mac - Apple Support

Notes locks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.