You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Child account on Find My iPhone app

I have family share set up. I’ve just found out that when a child on family share is signed into their iCloud account on the Find My iPhone app, they have full access to “Play Sound,” “Lost Mode,” and “Erase iPhone” features of the app for my (parent) phone and everyone else’s in our family. I have not shared my location with them, but they can still use the other functions.

Is there away to disable them from having this specific access to other phones in our family share? I know the easy answer is to just sign them out of the app, but they do have Apple Watches and iPads so access to the app is also beneficial. So far it’s not been to much of a problem but I am worried one brother will start pinging the other brother (twins) while in class or some other awkward situation. Thank you for any help.

iPhone 8

Posted on Jun 9, 2019 10:43 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2019 4:16 AM

No you cannot disable it. That is how find my iPhone works with family sharing - Share your location with your family - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply

Child account on Find My iPhone app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.