You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to reset Apple ID Password

Hi,

I just reinstalled my girlfriends MacBook. (Clean install) I was 100% sure that I knew the iCloud password, because I wrote it down the last time we had this issue.

When I try to reset it using the "iforgot" site, it sends a notification to her phone, which has the trusted phone number. Notification shows up and I hit "Allow" and that's it. Nothing happens.

I tried to change the iCloud password on the phone, but it just keeps asking for the iPhone passcode over and over again.

It won't let me add another trusted phone number as well.

iPhone 7 running latest iOS and the MacBook Air 2012 running Mojave 10.14.1

What to do?

Thanks! ;)

Posted on Jun 10, 2019 2:14 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2019 5:21 AM

Do you have access to another WiFi network where you can try? That has worked for several people.

Try a restart.

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Try a forced restart.

Reset Device

Apple ID Password Change

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support     I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 10, 2019 5:21 AM in response to Psynized

Do you have access to another WiFi network where you can try? That has worked for several people.

Try a restart.

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Try a forced restart.

Reset Device

Apple ID Password Change

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support     I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

Trying to reset Apple ID Password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.