You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fake emails

I recently got a email about my icloud being locked down for security reasons, the email went like this

Dear customer

we are sorry to inform you. Your apple ID account has been locked for security reason.

It looks like your account is outdated and requireto verify account ownership billing address information, so we can protect your account and improve our service to maintenance your privacy.

To continue using your account again, we advise you to verify the billing address information before 24 hours or your account will be permanently locked.

That is what I got and I want to know if I should trust that or not.

Posted on Jun 10, 2019 2:42 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2019 2:44 PM

Apple will never refer to you as Dear Customer.

It is a phishing attempt. Do not respond. Do not divulge any personal or financial information. You can use the address below to forward the suspect email message, as an attachment to Apple.

reportphishing@apple.com

The link below has information to help identify fraudulent emails.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204759

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 10, 2019 2:44 PM in response to Virgath

Apple will never refer to you as Dear Customer.

It is a phishing attempt. Do not respond. Do not divulge any personal or financial information. You can use the address below to forward the suspect email message, as an attachment to Apple.

reportphishing@apple.com

The link below has information to help identify fraudulent emails.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204759

Fake emails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.