You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air won’t turn on

Hi!

As the title says, my MacBook Air won’t turn on.

The charger has the little green light it shows when it’s charged, but nothing else is happening. The screen is just black. I’ve tried to reboot the SMC and changed outlets for the charger just in case that was the problem, but neither have done anything. Does anyone know of anything else I can do?

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.13

Posted on Jun 10, 2019 2:58 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2019 9:03 PM

Hi sarvolkskaya,

If I understand your question correctly, your Mac refuses to show anything on the screen and it remains black. You've tried resetting the SMC to no avail.

A few additional details would be helpful:

• Does your screen turn on at all? Try starting up your Mac in a dark room. If you notice the backlight turn on, that's a good sign.
  • Does anything happen if you trigger any of these startup key combinations? Apple Diagnostics or Apple Hardware Test may be especially useful.
  • Does your Mac make any kind of noise (including normal noise) when you press the power button?

Additional tips regarding your situation can be found here: If your Mac doesn't turn on or start up - Apple Support

If you wish to review the SMC reset procedure, it can be found here: How to reset the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 10, 2019 9:03 PM in response to sarvolkskaya

Hi sarvolkskaya,

If I understand your question correctly, your Mac refuses to show anything on the screen and it remains black. You've tried resetting the SMC to no avail.

A few additional details would be helpful:

• Does your screen turn on at all? Try starting up your Mac in a dark room. If you notice the backlight turn on, that's a good sign.
  • Does anything happen if you trigger any of these startup key combinations? Apple Diagnostics or Apple Hardware Test may be especially useful.
  • Does your Mac make any kind of noise (including normal noise) when you press the power button?

Additional tips regarding your situation can be found here: If your Mac doesn't turn on or start up - Apple Support

If you wish to review the SMC reset procedure, it can be found here: How to reset the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac - Apple Support

MacBook Air won’t turn on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.