You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Installer shows up at boot up disk

Hi

yesterday after I restarted my Macbook Pro, the computer wanted to install a new OS. I never asked to install it or installed any updates in the past. It was restarting just fine. So when the installer runs I get the message can not find resources for the installer. Running High Sierra 10.13.3.

so what I had to do is to restart the computer while holding the option key and select the MacHD drive to use as start up disk and the computer starts up ok. I tried to see if the Installer disk shows up in disk utility and under start up disk in system preferences , to see if i can remove it. but it does not show up. So how can i remove the installer as boot disk, as said never installed anything new in a long time. I do not want to run the update just in case the computer uses the installer again to run the update on.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jun 13, 2019 7:14 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 13, 2019 8:25 AM

Look in Applications & Applications>Installers.

Have you done a PRAM reset, CMD+Option+p+r...

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1379

In fact, do 3 in a row, takes a bit of time

In Sys Prefs set Startup Disk.

1 reply

Installer shows up at boot up disk

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.