You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone stolen, today I received a scam text message and I fell for it. What should I do?

I got my phone stolen at edc this year and it took a while for my phone to get located, but once it was located (yesterday), it was found in China.

This morning I received a text from apple.za.id.imessage@icloud.com saying "dear apple customer, the system has detected that your lost iPhone is activated with a new SIM card inserted..." Then I got another text saying " Your iCloud 'photo stream' information is being restored into the iPhone of ___. As this is a remote synchronous operation, you are strongly recommended to timely access https://apple.com.gps-id.us/us and click the 'interception' at the upper right to invalid this operation if it is not done by you in person."

Me being the sleepy person I was, I signed into my apple ID on the link provided, then when I clicked 'sign in' nothing happened. I realized I totally just fell for a scam and changed my password to something completely different. What else should I do to make sure I'm okay??

iPhone XS

Posted on Jun 13, 2019 10:30 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 13, 2019 10:34 AM

If you changed your password, you should be okay.  You can also add 2 Factor Authentication to your account for more security. If the attempts continue, you might want to consider a name change.

Apple ID has been compromised

Note the restrictions in the article.

Apple ID Name Change

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support     I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

Apple ID -Two-factor authentication

Two Factor Authentification availability

Apple ID - Using app-specific passwords

Apple ID - Two Step Verification App Specific PasswordsApple ID - Two Step Verifications FAQ

Do you have the phone locked with Find My Phone?

Find My Phone - If your device is lost or stolen

Find My Phone - Lock and track your device using Lost Mode

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 13, 2019 10:34 AM in response to rheilala

If you changed your password, you should be okay.  You can also add 2 Factor Authentication to your account for more security. If the attempts continue, you might want to consider a name change.

Apple ID has been compromised

Note the restrictions in the article.

Apple ID Name Change

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support     I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

Apple ID -Two-factor authentication

Two Factor Authentification availability

Apple ID - Using app-specific passwords

Apple ID - Two Step Verification App Specific PasswordsApple ID - Two Step Verifications FAQ

Do you have the phone locked with Find My Phone?

Find My Phone - If your device is lost or stolen

Find My Phone - Lock and track your device using Lost Mode

iPhone stolen, today I received a scam text message and I fell for it. What should I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.