You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes saying bye-bye

What happens to all the music I bought over the years, now that iTunes is going away?

Posted on Jun 13, 2019 2:18 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 13, 2019 3:25 PM

Nothing. You will still have it and be able to listen to it. Apple is not closing the iTunes Store. They have announced that they will be replacing the iTunes application on the Mac with 3 separate applications with similar functionality this Fall. There has been no announcement that they are replacing the iTunes application on Windows. See the following from https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210200

The iTunes Store will still be available to buy music on Mac, iOS, PC, and Apple TV.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 13, 2019 3:25 PM in response to JesusChiseSuperChops

Nothing. You will still have it and be able to listen to it. Apple is not closing the iTunes Store. They have announced that they will be replacing the iTunes application on the Mac with 3 separate applications with similar functionality this Fall. There has been no announcement that they are replacing the iTunes application on Windows. See the following from https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210200

The iTunes Store will still be available to buy music on Mac, iOS, PC, and Apple TV.

Jul 14, 2019 5:36 AM in response to FoxFifth

Similarly, I still have and am using without any problems, a mid 2007 iMac that can no longer be updated to current Mac OS. My last and final resting place is El Capitan, 10.11.6 (with occasional security updates). What will happen to my iTunes? Will I get the “new” split version? I don’t have the budget nor intention of buying a new Mac, yet.

iTunes saying bye-bye

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.