You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can i upgrade my 21.5 imac 2019?

Can I upgrade the RAM myself?

iMac 21.5", macOS 10.14

Posted on Jun 14, 2019 1:37 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2019 1:46 PM

Install memory in an iMac - Apple Support

“Memory is not removable by users on the iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2019). If you’d like to upgrade the memory in this model, an Apple Authorized Service Provider can help. Before you schedule an appointment, confirm that the specific Apple Authorized Service Provider offers memory upgrade services.”

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 14, 2019 1:46 PM in response to AHK8864

Install memory in an iMac - Apple Support

“Memory is not removable by users on the iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2019). If you’d like to upgrade the memory in this model, an Apple Authorized Service Provider can help. Before you schedule an appointment, confirm that the specific Apple Authorized Service Provider offers memory upgrade services.”

Jun 14, 2019 5:16 PM in response to claus237

I can not see why, you not can upgrade,your 21.5 iMac 2019?

Because Apple has said so here:

https://www.apple.com/legal/warranty/products/embedded-mac-warranty-us.html

This Warranty does not apply

(f) to damage caused by service (including upgrades and expansions) performed by anyone who is not a representative of Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider (“AASP”);

Jun 15, 2019 7:39 AM in response to claus237

All that’s being said is the 21.5 iMacs do not have easy access for user installed RAM. You have to disassemble the machine to do it and that’s not for the typical user. One wrong move and your machine is toast. If you are the tinkering type then sure, go right ahead but your warranty will be invalid. If you screw it up you will not be able to take to Apple and ask them to fix it. They won’t touch it.

can i upgrade my 21.5 imac 2019?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.