You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

LG external DVD playere

I have an LG external DVD player model ge24nu40. It was able to read a DVD and the disc was mounted on my desktop. After I copied the DVD to my desktop the icon for the DVD disappeared and I am unable to eject the disc from the reader. My computer (OS High Sierra) does not recognize the drive anymore and I have tried every trick listed on the web to eject the disc but to no avail (even terminal command does not do it). The manual eject button on the drive does not work either (connected or disconnected from the computer). This is a very valuable DVD and I must get it out. Can I force open the drive and take my DVD out? It does not have a manual opening slot.

iMac Pro

Posted on Jun 16, 2019 7:35 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 16, 2019 7:57 AM

The LG model GE24NU40 has an emergency eject hole on the front panel, as shown by this snip from the user guide:

Sounds like it is paper-clip time, probably with the power on.

Similar questions

1 reply

LG external DVD playere

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.