You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos app

Hi

My main shared album has now over 5000 photos, my family is starting not to see my shared photos. Is it possible to create another shared album and move specific photos from my main shared album to the new one without losing the existing comments that were posted on these photos i am moving ?

thanks

i hope this makes sense

Nabil

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.14

Posted on Jun 18, 2019 8:13 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 18, 2019 9:03 AM

Yes, you've reached the limit of shared albums, 5000.

No. There's no provision to move photos from one shared album to another. You'll just have to add those photos to the new album like you did with the first album.

Tell Apple what missing features you'd like restored or new features added in Photos via Feedback - Photos - Apple

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 18, 2019 9:03 AM in response to nabilfrombrooklyn

Yes, you've reached the limit of shared albums, 5000.

No. There's no provision to move photos from one shared album to another. You'll just have to add those photos to the new album like you did with the first album.

Tell Apple what missing features you'd like restored or new features added in Photos via Feedback - Photos - Apple

Jun 18, 2019 10:37 AM in response to nabilfrombrooklyn

The limit for shared albums is 5000 photos.

My Photo Stream and Shared Albums limits - Apple Support

But I would not make albums this large. Remember, that the photos in a shared album will require local storage on the device of the subscribers. The subscribers cannot delete photos from the albums that they did not share themselves, so they have to unsubscribe, to avoid the to have to store the photos. It is all or nothing. For the subscribers it would be much more user friendly, if all shared albums were small, and then they can unsubscribe from the older albums, if they no longer want them. And browsing and scrolling smaller albums is much easier than having to scroll 5000 photos.

Photos app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.