You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple care warranty limited??

Hello, it says my Apple care warranty is limited..... (expires 7/2)what does this mean? I need my iPhone X screen replaced, and I just want to make sure it’s going to be the $29, instead of the $279.

iPhone X, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 19, 2019 6:14 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 19, 2019 6:18 AM

What the "Limited Warranty" designation means is that you had the standard 1-year warranty that covered defects, but does not cover accidental damage like drops and liquid.

So if there's no liquid damage inside and your phone looks fine minus the casual scrapes and such, you would be covered for free. However if you are talking about screen cracks, camera cracks, anything that appears to have been caused by a drop/hit/liquid damage that would be full price. The $29 does not apply no matter what, because that is the accidental damage incident fee for AppleCare+ Protection Plan which apparently you do not have.

In other words, if you have obvious "Accidental" damage, it does matter whether you are still under the limited warranty or not, you would pay full-price for accidental damage repair since that falls outside the free warranty service.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 19, 2019 6:18 AM in response to Spookyyo

What the "Limited Warranty" designation means is that you had the standard 1-year warranty that covered defects, but does not cover accidental damage like drops and liquid.

So if there's no liquid damage inside and your phone looks fine minus the casual scrapes and such, you would be covered for free. However if you are talking about screen cracks, camera cracks, anything that appears to have been caused by a drop/hit/liquid damage that would be full price. The $29 does not apply no matter what, because that is the accidental damage incident fee for AppleCare+ Protection Plan which apparently you do not have.

In other words, if you have obvious "Accidental" damage, it does matter whether you are still under the limited warranty or not, you would pay full-price for accidental damage repair since that falls outside the free warranty service.

Apple care warranty limited??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.