You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Song playback from iTunes

I purchased three different songs this past week off of iTunes on my phone. When I attempt to play these songs using iTunes on my laptop, two of the three play fine. The third states the laptop is not authorized to play said song. So I authorize my laptop, to which a notification pops up that the laptop has already been authorized, and has now been re-authorized.

Long story short, why will this one song not play?

Posted on Jun 20, 2019 6:55 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 20, 2019 8:09 AM

Delete it in iTunes, then redownload it free of charge. Right-click the track in the library for options. Use Remove Download if you see it, otherwise use Delete, then respond to any further prompts. You want to delete/recycle the file, but not remove the item for your purchase history, that way you should end up with a cloud link for redownloading.

If you hid it, or don't see it after it has been deleted, see Hide and unhide music, movies, TV shows, audiobooks, and books - Apple Support and Redownload apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books from the App Store, iTunes Store, and Apple Books - Apple Support for details of how to reveal and download.

tt2

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 20, 2019 8:09 AM in response to havey_77

Delete it in iTunes, then redownload it free of charge. Right-click the track in the library for options. Use Remove Download if you see it, otherwise use Delete, then respond to any further prompts. You want to delete/recycle the file, but not remove the item for your purchase history, that way you should end up with a cloud link for redownloading.

If you hid it, or don't see it after it has been deleted, see Hide and unhide music, movies, TV shows, audiobooks, and books - Apple Support and Redownload apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books from the App Store, iTunes Store, and Apple Books - Apple Support for details of how to reveal and download.

tt2

Song playback from iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.