You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to Sync Computer Photos With Apple Photos without iTunes

With Apple doing away with iTunes, is it possible to have Photos automatically monitor a specific folder on my computer and sync that with all of my Apple devices?

I use to use iTunes Photos, in which I would select the folders on my computer that I wanted synced with my devices.

When I tried to drag and drop the photos into Photos, it created a lot of duplicates and also added the photos to my All Photos album as opposed to keeping them in their specific folders only.

Also, when I want to add new photos and select Keep Folders Organized, it creates a new folder instead of putting it in its respective folder.

Posted on Jun 20, 2019 4:06 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 21, 2019 9:15 AM

After Mojave the syncing between the iPhone and the Mac will be carried out via the Finder via a Finder window. The interface will be very much like what we have now, sync select albums or all music, etc.

Similar questions

3 replies

How to Sync Computer Photos With Apple Photos without iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.