You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Delete Photos

How do I delete pictures from my I phone and have them remain on my Mak ?

iPhone 7, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 21, 2019 9:16 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 21, 2019 3:02 PM

Do you have the iCloud Photo Library enabled on your iPhone and Mac? If so you can't as the iCIPL is a syncing feature and any change, i.e. deletion or edit, made on one device will be mirrored on all devices.

If you sync your photos with the My Photo Stream and your Photos/iCloud preference pane is set up like this:

You can delete the photos from the Camera roll on your iPhone and they will remain in the Mac's library.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 21, 2019 3:02 PM in response to 439sierrablvd

Do you have the iCloud Photo Library enabled on your iPhone and Mac? If so you can't as the iCIPL is a syncing feature and any change, i.e. deletion or edit, made on one device will be mirrored on all devices.

If you sync your photos with the My Photo Stream and your Photos/iCloud preference pane is set up like this:

You can delete the photos from the Camera roll on your iPhone and they will remain in the Mac's library.

Delete Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.