You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail will not send iCloud Mail

Hello. I just set up my new MacBook, and Mail will not send mail through the iCloud server. I have inserted the output below. It will send through any other email server I have, Google, Yahoo, Hotmail, etc but I can not figure out how to get iCloud mail to send. Do I need to set up the outgoing SMTP server with an app-specific password? I've never had to do that in Mail before.

Can not message using the server iCloud
Verify that you have addressed this message correctly. Check your SMTP server settings in Mail preferences and verify any advanced settings with your system administrator.
The server response was: <unknown[75.143.197.223]>: Client host rejected: Access denied
Select a different outgoing mail server from the list below or click Try Later to leave the message in your Outbox until it can be sent.

MacBook, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jun 21, 2019 10:30 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 21, 2019 10:59 AM

Hello. I just set up my new MacBook, and Mail will not send mail through the iCloud server. I have inserted the output below. It will send through any other email server I have, Google, Yahoo, Hotmail, etc but I can not figure out how to get iCloud mail to send. Do I need to set up the outgoing SMTP server with an app-specific password? I've never had to do that in Mail before.

Verify that you have addressed this message correctly. Check your SMTP server settings in Mail preferences and verify any advanced settings with your system administrator.
The server response was: <unknown[75.143.197.223]>: Client host rejected: Access denied
Select a different outgoing mail server from the list below or click Try Later to leave the message in your Outbox until it can be sent.

iCloud: Set up an iCloud Mail email address - Apple Support

Get help using iCloud Mail - Apple Support

Mail server settings for iCloud email clients - Apple Support

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 21, 2019 10:59 AM in response to Donnutt

iCloud: Set up an iCloud Mail email address - Apple Support

Get help using iCloud Mail - Apple Support

Mail server settings for iCloud email clients - Apple Support

Mail will not send iCloud Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.