You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Imac

Can any please answer me please why my imac keeps on restarting i did every thing even put new hard drive checked the hardware video card ,changed the ram get it checked by apple dealer they advised me there is nothing wrong wit it but it still restarts

iMac 27", macOS 10.13

Posted on Jun 23, 2019 5:01 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 23, 2019 10:06 PM

What is the exact model of your computer? You can get this information by clicking the Apple menu and selecting "About this mac".

Did you perform a clean install of macOS on the new hard drive without restoring from backup and without installing any third party apps? This is the only way to test for a hardware issue and eliminate software issues and preference issues.

Try an SMC reset & PRAM reset (hold the PRAM reset for a full minute so it activates several times).

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 23, 2019 10:06 PM in response to Hussei Ali

What is the exact model of your computer? You can get this information by clicking the Apple menu and selecting "About this mac".

Did you perform a clean install of macOS on the new hard drive without restoring from backup and without installing any third party apps? This is the only way to test for a hardware issue and eliminate software issues and preference issues.

Try an SMC reset & PRAM reset (hold the PRAM reset for a full minute so it activates several times).

Imac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.