You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Samsung T5 Portable SSD won't Connect to my mac

Just bought a Samsung T5 SSD 1 TB it seemed fine at first but now it won't connect to my mac. I installed the software and after my computer rebooted after installation it says "Disconnected No Samsung Portable SSD is Connected"

iMac 27", macOS 10.14

Posted on Jun 27, 2019 9:52 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 28, 2019 2:51 AM

Uninstall Samsung software.

Open disk Utility->Partition->give it a name->Mac OS Extended (journaled)

Run

Or:

if it already has a name and "partition" name: select the indented name, choose Erase, give a name and the same as above, start then

12 replies

Jul 5, 2019 3:05 AM in response to B45k3RV1LL3202

I managed to fix this by disabling the password that I had set on the device using the Samsung SSD password security software. I did this by borrowing a windows pc and turning off the security encryption.

once done the SSD is readable on both the borrowed windows pc and my Mac mini, but no security encryption. Which I can live without.

Samsung T5 Portable SSD won't Connect to my mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.