You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phone app does not work

The phone app on my Apple phone stopped working last night.

I can make and receive calls using WhatsApp, but I cannot make calls nor receive them using the phone.

Please advise.

iPhone 6s, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 28, 2019 1:59 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 28, 2019 2:39 PM

Hi,

Can you please describe your problem more clearly?

What happens when you try to make a call? Does the app crash, do you get an error, or does your call drop as soon as it was placed?

What happens when someone tries to call you? Do they get routed to your voicemail immediately, are they told that your phone number isn't in service, does it ring constantly?

Please answer the above questions so I can better help you out.

EDIT: you can also check the article listed here to try some basic troubleshooting steps on your own.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204027

Thanks!

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 28, 2019 2:39 PM in response to SethM371

Hi,

Can you please describe your problem more clearly?

What happens when you try to make a call? Does the app crash, do you get an error, or does your call drop as soon as it was placed?

What happens when someone tries to call you? Do they get routed to your voicemail immediately, are they told that your phone number isn't in service, does it ring constantly?

Please answer the above questions so I can better help you out.

EDIT: you can also check the article listed here to try some basic troubleshooting steps on your own.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204027

Thanks!

Phone app does not work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.