You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Different Apple IDs

Hi,

I hope I can describe my problem in an understandable way. Here we go: I wanted to update my apps, clicked on the App store icon, clicked update, and then needed to enter my I-Tunes password. However, in that window I saw an old email address that I must have used as Apple ID in the past, I have forgotten the password to this ID. I then I went to the I-Tunes icon in the hope of changing my old ID there. I clicked on Apple ID, and saw my current ID there, not the one I saw when I wanted to update my apps...My question is, how can I change that old ID when even I-Tunes has my new ID?

I'm grateful for any hints. Thanks.

iPhone SE, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 30, 2019 10:46 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2019 10:57 PM

The apps on the device have been downloaded in the past with that old id.delete all apps and redownload with the new id.

3 replies

Different Apple IDs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.