You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need Help w/Preview, doesn't seem to work right

Please bear with me as I'm lost on the terminology here. But I have a MacBook Pro with macOS Mojave. There's a program called Preview which allows me to view documents, images etc. I can also, to an extent, edit or "mark up" these files.

But something doesn't seem to be working right. When I add something in color it saves, but the color is removed. For example, a list of names in which I drew a red rectangle that's transparent in the center around one specific name. Once saved the red rectangle turns gray scale, which in my case, defeats the purpose of doing it.

How do I do this and get it to save the image with the color rather than replaced the color with gray?

Thanks in advance to anyone who has any ideas!

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 2, 2019 12:58 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2019 3:20 AM

Probably the images you're trying to mark up are grayscale. You should convert them in RGB and then apply the mark up.

Similar questions

1 reply

Need Help w/Preview, doesn't seem to work right

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.