You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family Sharing

I set up family sharing so that my wife can download onto her iPhone any app I originally purchased on my iPhone. I am the organizer. How can I configure family sharing so that I can download onto my iPhone any app she originally purchased on her iPhone?

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 4, 2019 7:34 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2019 2:59 PM

Hi Piper John,

Family Sharing is great for sharing purchases among family members. To get started, make sure share My Purchases is on, follow the steps below to check:

1. Tap Settings > [your name] > Family Sharing. On iOS 10.2 or earlier, tap Settings > iCloud > Family. 
  2. Under Shared Features, tap Purchase Sharing.
  3. Make sure Share My Purchases is turned on, and that your account information is correct.

Once turned on, follow the steps to view your wifes apps:

1. Open the App Store, then go to the Purchased page. Tap  or your photo in the upper-right corner, then tap Purchased.
  2. Tap your family member's name to see their content.
  3. To download an item, tap  next to it.

I hoped this helped, let me know if you are unable to follow the steps or need further explanation.

Check out this link to learn more: Share App Store, iTunes Store, and Apple Books purchases with Family Sharing

Take care,

Michael Help

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 4, 2019 2:59 PM in response to Piper John

Hi Piper John,

Family Sharing is great for sharing purchases among family members. To get started, make sure share My Purchases is on, follow the steps below to check:

1. Tap Settings > [your name] > Family Sharing. On iOS 10.2 or earlier, tap Settings > iCloud > Family. 
  2. Under Shared Features, tap Purchase Sharing.
  3. Make sure Share My Purchases is turned on, and that your account information is correct.

Once turned on, follow the steps to view your wifes apps:

1. Open the App Store, then go to the Purchased page. Tap  or your photo in the upper-right corner, then tap Purchased.
  2. Tap your family member's name to see their content.
  3. To download an item, tap  next to it.

I hoped this helped, let me know if you are unable to follow the steps or need further explanation.

Check out this link to learn more: Share App Store, iTunes Store, and Apple Books purchases with Family Sharing

Take care,

Michael Help

Family Sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.