You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CarPlay stopped working on my Honda accord 2018

CarPlay stopped working on my Honda accord 2018. Both my wife and myself have iPhones. They both stopped working at the same time. I turned the car and the phone off and on with no results. I don’t want to do a full reset on the car Electronics because I will lose all of my settings. Any suggestions?

Reading previous posts, I saw this was a problem at the end of 2018 with one of the releases of iOS 12. Could the most recent release of iOS 12 have brought this problem back?

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 8, 2019 8:41 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2019 7:37 PM

Apple CarPlay was working normally on my 2019 Honda Touring Accord. Upon upgrading my iPhone X to iOS 12.4, it crashes the car system soon after using Apple Maps and navigating. Repeatedly. I can use Google Maps and Waze Navi apps. Accord screen displays whichever of them I am using and works normally. Apple Maps no longer works. How to fix this issue?

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 29, 2019 7:37 PM in response to moreyc

Apple CarPlay was working normally on my 2019 Honda Touring Accord. Upon upgrading my iPhone X to iOS 12.4, it crashes the car system soon after using Apple Maps and navigating. Repeatedly. I can use Google Maps and Waze Navi apps. Accord screen displays whichever of them I am using and works normally. Apple Maps no longer works. How to fix this issue?

CarPlay stopped working on my Honda accord 2018

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.