You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dispose of iPhones in environmentally friendly way

Have several Apple iPhone 5 devices that i want to dispose of. Can we have them disposed of via yourselves and in an environmentally friendly manner.

Let us know thanks.

​[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jul 9, 2019 7:02 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2019 7:19 AM

You can drop off items for proper recycing at any Apple store - National Services - Apple

If you live in the USA, any BestBuy store also accepts consumer electronics for recycling, as do a number of other stores nowadays (my local target has a drop off bin too, for phones, tables, laptops and other small items - Apple or BestBuy will take just about anything though, as long as you can carry it in).

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 9, 2019 7:19 AM in response to conoco112

You can drop off items for proper recycing at any Apple store - National Services - Apple

If you live in the USA, any BestBuy store also accepts consumer electronics for recycling, as do a number of other stores nowadays (my local target has a drop off bin too, for phones, tables, laptops and other small items - Apple or BestBuy will take just about anything though, as long as you can carry it in).

Dispose of iPhones in environmentally friendly way

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.