You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Syncing iPhone on iTunes in Windows after fomerly synced with iTunes on Mac

Hi guys,

I used to own a MacBook Pro which housed iTunes. All of my iPhones ever owned were synced on this laptop. About 3 years ago, my laptop got stolen and I have never gotten round to getting another apple laptop. As a result, I have not backed up my phone on iTunes for the last two years. One of the inconveniences of this is I have the same music on my phone for the last 3 years and none of the new photos I have taken ever since have been back up anywhere except on the apple servers (I like having my physical back ups close, nostalgic, I know).

I currently have Windows laptop. I would like to install iTunes on here. My question is am I able to backup my phone / connect my phone to iTunes on a Windows computer considering it was previously back up on iTunes on a Mac?

Regards,

iPhone 6s Plus, 12

Posted on Jul 9, 2019 8:07 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2019 8:37 AM

Yes, there should be no issue with this. Previously (years ago), this used to be a problem, but Apple has changed the format since then.

2 replies

Syncing iPhone on iTunes in Windows after fomerly synced with iTunes on Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.