You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Download photos from iphone to Mac

It use to be very simple to do. I could hook up my iPhone 7 with a cable and open Photos, Preview or Image Capture and my photo's would show up and I could click on them and download them. I can see my phone but no photo's or videos. I've tried 2 different computers and cables with no luck. I'm now doing Airdrop but if I select more then 3 images at a time it just spins and says "preparing" and then dis connects and I've got a couple hundred photo's. What gives Apple ????? 10.14.5

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 10, 2019 8:53 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2019 9:41 AM

Your iPhone seems to be syncing with iCloud Photos. There is a tiny cloud symbol to the right of the iPhone icon.

You cannot download photos from the iPhone, that are only in iCloud and only mirrored "optimized" on the iPhone. If iCloud Photos is enabled on the iPhone, download the photos using iCloud, for example from www.icloud.com or by using iCloud Photos on your Mac as well. DO you need iCloud Photos on the iPhone, because you want to save storage on the iPhone? Or has it been enabled by the last upgrade without you being aware of it?

If you sign into your iCloud webpage at www.icloud.com, you can select several photos at once and download them together as a zip file.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 10, 2019 9:41 AM in response to bregan2100

Your iPhone seems to be syncing with iCloud Photos. There is a tiny cloud symbol to the right of the iPhone icon.

You cannot download photos from the iPhone, that are only in iCloud and only mirrored "optimized" on the iPhone. If iCloud Photos is enabled on the iPhone, download the photos using iCloud, for example from www.icloud.com or by using iCloud Photos on your Mac as well. DO you need iCloud Photos on the iPhone, because you want to save storage on the iPhone? Or has it been enabled by the last upgrade without you being aware of it?

If you sign into your iCloud webpage at www.icloud.com, you can select several photos at once and download them together as a zip file.

Download photos from iphone to Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.