You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Share to YouTube

I don't know if anyone else is having the same problem but at the moment I seem to be having a problem getting Final Cut to share with YouTube (FCP version 10.4.6) It will process up to 50% and then stop which makes it look like a signing in problem. I can sign in to YouTube using the same password using Safari to sign into their Home page as I use on FCP - I'm having to use their home page uploader to get video on to YouTube - anybody have a work around?

Thanks

iMac 27", 10.14

Posted on Jul 11, 2019 12:19 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2019 7:55 AM

Hi

Thanks for replying - I have uploaded the short video again - it took 10 mins and works. The background tasks window stayed at 50% while this happened. The last time I uploaded a video was around the 18th June 2019 and both the window and the circular indicator went to 100% -hence my thought that it wasn't working this time.

Anyway thanks again for your help - much appreciated

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 11, 2019 7:55 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

Hi

Thanks for replying - I have uploaded the short video again - it took 10 mins and works. The background tasks window stayed at 50% while this happened. The last time I uploaded a video was around the 18th June 2019 and both the window and the circular indicator went to 100% -hence my thought that it wasn't working this time.

Anyway thanks again for your help - much appreciated

Jul 11, 2019 7:27 AM in response to kc jones 1000

You previously said "it stops", but now you say it "hangs", so it appears that it does not finish, but stays at 50% for what it appears to be a looong time. Any error messages? Could it be that you did not allow enough time to finish?

What do you see in the Background Tasks window (Command-9)?

You could try a very small test export and keep an eye in this window, to see if something happens when it reaches the 50% mark.

(Incidentally: there is no need to use Pref Manager anymore... just hold down command and option while starting FCP X and click Delete Preferences)

Jul 11, 2019 7:27 AM in response to kc jones 1000

OK - please cancel last post the last post to YouTube was less than one minute long and actually made it on to YouTube despite the Share indicator not working so I am wondering if this is the problem - i.e. the % of film processed hangs at 50% despite the actual film being processed to YouTube - as this can take several hours with the indicator hanging at 50% its easy to assume that its not going to work???

Share to YouTube

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.