You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID payment method: vicious cycle - Can't add payment method in Apple ID until I validate my current method - but that is a card that I no longer have

I lost the credit card which was my payment method on Apple ID.

Now that I have a new card, I need to add this as my payment method.

When I try to add a payment method, I keep getting a message which says that I can not add a payment method until I validate my old one.

I can't validate my old one, since the card is no longer working.

I tried to remove that card, but I get a message that says "Unable to remove: Family organiser requires at least one payment on file". But, I am unable to add a payment method until I validate the old one, etc., etc.

Is there any way out of this vicious cycle??

Posted on Jul 11, 2019 7:49 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2019 8:26 AM

contact iTunes Support. Either use the form or scroll to the bottom of the page in the 2nd link. Follow through the screens to get a chat or telephone option.  You may need to pick a problem that is slightly different than yours to get a chat option.  

iTunes Support

iTunes Support – world wide

Similar questions

1 reply

Apple ID payment method: vicious cycle - Can't add payment method in Apple ID until I validate my current method - but that is a card that I no longer have

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.