You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reinstall OS/Restore from time machine, stuck on iCloud setup

i had to erase my hd on my 2011 MacBook Pro (high Sierra) and reinstall the OS. This went fine.

When I logged in I was prompted to enter Apple ID and password for iCloud to work. I did this, but now I’ve had the pinwheel spinning on that login box for over an hour (it’s got the preferences box behind it, with the login hanging down from top).

when I check activity monitor, I see a lot of resources related to photos, though I didn’t know just activating iCloud would need this much time if the pix live on the cloud, and I didn’t change anything before the crash to have em stored to my hd.

ill leave it open with screen brightness turned down, but any idea what is happening? I’m able to surf web just fine.

Thanks yall

jon

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.13

Posted on Jul 14, 2019 10:41 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2019 11:22 PM

Force shutdown by pressing and holding down the Power button until the computer shuts down. Wait 30 seconds, then restart as follows:

1. Resetting your Mac's PRAM and NVRAM
  2. Reset the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac - Apple Support
  3. Reboot using Safe Mode.
  4. Reboot normally.

Does this fix the problem?

Similar questions

6 replies

Reinstall OS/Restore from time machine, stuck on iCloud setup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.