You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Activation Help for iPad

I have an older small iPad that is over 5 years old. I haven’t used it in a while I entered my passcode and it sent me directly to “Activation Help”. It says to enter my iCloud username and password which I entered what I thought it to be but that did not work. What should I do?

Posted on Jul 15, 2019 7:17 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 15, 2019 10:46 PM

If you can't remember your id : If you forgot your Apple ID - Apple Support 

Or, and if you were the original purchaser of the iPad (i.e. it’s not second-hand), you could try going to an Apple Store (make a Genius Bar appointment if you do) or try contacting iTunes Support online (https://www.apple.com/emea/support/itunes/contact.html) and see if they can remove the iPad from the account - they are likely to want to see proof of ownership before they might help e.g. original receipt with the serial number on it

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 15, 2019 10:46 PM in response to constance180

If you can't remember your id : If you forgot your Apple ID - Apple Support 

Or, and if you were the original purchaser of the iPad (i.e. it’s not second-hand), you could try going to an Apple Store (make a Genius Bar appointment if you do) or try contacting iTunes Support online (https://www.apple.com/emea/support/itunes/contact.html) and see if they can remove the iPad from the account - they are likely to want to see proof of ownership before they might help e.g. original receipt with the serial number on it

Activation Help for iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.