You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mojave & Font Book

I have 444 fonts in my Font Book.app in El Capitan. I needed them on my new Mojave MacBook Pro. So I put the El Capitan Font Book app on iCloud (renamed it) and dragged it into my new Mojave MacBook Pro App folder. But a bunch of fonts were missing! There were only 180 fonts in it. (But, get this, the El Capitan Fontbook and the Mojave Fontbook both are 14.5 MB.)

And now, on my Mojave machine, I have two apps: Mojave's Font Book and also El Capitan's Font Book.

Is there a way to get all 444 fonts to my new machine?

Is there a way (on my new machine) to combine the two Font Book apps?

This one stumped the AppleCare person, hard as she tried.

Any help gratefully appreciated.

Posted on Jul 17, 2019 6:44 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 17, 2019 6:56 PM

Take a look at this support article that explains the various locations where the actual underlying font files (TTF, OTF, etc.) are physically located and you should be able to pull them over from there:

Mac OS X: Font locations and their purposes - Apple Support

9 replies

Jul 22, 2019 2:21 PM in response to rcosta887

Help! I don't know how to accomplish "you should be able to pull them over from there."

I duplicated the font folders found on El Capitan.

I put the duplicate font folders on my iCloud Drive.

I dragged the duplicate font folders onto my Mojave desktop.

I cannot upload the duplicated font folders in the Mojave Font Book EXCEPT ONE BY ONE and I have 444 of them!

What am I doing wrong?

Mojave & Font Book

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.