You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Blocked numbers

When blocking a number on an Iphone 10 or newer how long will the block last? I know in the past it would only last for 6 months, does this still apply? TIA

Posted on Jul 18, 2019 8:22 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2019 9:41 AM

Tralee32 wrote:

I don't have it blocked on-line threw the family option we pay for. I was under the understanding that it will lift after 6 months if it is blocked under their name contact. ??? just directly on the iphone is where it is blocked.

Your carrier may have time limits on blocks you initiate through them (with mine it's 90 days). But, on the phone, the number will stay blocked until you unblock it.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 18, 2019 9:41 AM in response to Tralee32

Tralee32 wrote:

I don't have it blocked on-line threw the family option we pay for. I was under the understanding that it will lift after 6 months if it is blocked under their name contact. ??? just directly on the iphone is where it is blocked.

Your carrier may have time limits on blocks you initiate through them (with mine it's 90 days). But, on the phone, the number will stay blocked until you unblock it.

Blocked numbers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.