You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Activation Lock Issues

Hi, I have a 4th Gen iPad, and I'm trying to factory reset it.

I tried to reset it through Settings -> General -> Reset, but it prompted to key in my apple ID and password, which I did - it said it was incorrect and so when I tried to reset my password using my web browser, it said that the apple ID didn't exist despite the iPad showing the exact same email address on my screen.

So, I attempted to reset it by connecting the iPad to iTunes and holding down both the home button and lock button. Upon restoring, the iPad once again asked me to key in my apple ID and password (Activation Lock). Someone help please?

iPad (4th gen) Wi-Fi

Posted on Jul 18, 2019 11:38 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2019 11:45 PM

Had you got Apple to delete the account (How to delete your Apple ID account - Apple Support), or changed the primary email address on it without logging out ?

If you were the original purchaser of the iPad (i.e. it’s not second-hand), you could try going to an Apple Store (make a Genius Bar appointment if you do) or try contacting iTunes Support online (https://www.apple.com/emea/support/itunes/contact.html) and see if they can remove the iPad from the account - they are likely to want to see proof of ownership before they might help e.g. original receipt with the serial number on it

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 18, 2019 11:45 PM in response to LeonnX

Had you got Apple to delete the account (How to delete your Apple ID account - Apple Support), or changed the primary email address on it without logging out ?

If you were the original purchaser of the iPad (i.e. it’s not second-hand), you could try going to an Apple Store (make a Genius Bar appointment if you do) or try contacting iTunes Support online (https://www.apple.com/emea/support/itunes/contact.html) and see if they can remove the iPad from the account - they are likely to want to see proof of ownership before they might help e.g. original receipt with the serial number on it

Activation Lock Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.