You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV cannot connect to iCloud Server

Wanted to let you know that this helped my issue.

So:

I had my other devices logged in to icloud fine, but since upgrading to TV OS 7.3 my Apple TV said: could not connect to the server

and

please go to support/icloud (which showed me no help at all)

This forum said to hold the menu button and the down arrow of the remote until the light rapidly flashes. Also didn’t work for me.

Unplugging and resetting the apple tv and routers etc didn’t work.

I called apple.

The helpman said: type in your password on Apple TV, but don’t submit yet. Then, on your phone go to settings>Your name>password & security and click get verification code now.

Enter the code right behind your password on Apple TV and submit.

It then was able to log in again.

Just thought I’d share here to maybe help someone else at one point.

Also: the helpman recommended me to download the remote app on iPad or iPhone so it is 100x faster to type in your password on Apple TV. ;-)

Posted on Jul 20, 2019 12:45 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2019 11:57 AM

This is excellent advice. I did not know to add the verification code after password. Should be a better way to provide instructions but now I know. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Similar questions

3 replies

Apple TV cannot connect to iCloud Server

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.