You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro 2018 performance issues while connecting to a monitor

My Macbook Pro is the 2018 model equipped with the quad-core 2.3 i5 processor. The performance is usually really good but something really interesting happens when I connect my Macbook to a monitor using a USB-C to HDMI cable.

Problem Number 1:

The processor starts to slow down/lags for no reason (approximately 0,4GHZ!!!) while the temperatures are between 70 and 60 degrees and therefore the mac becomes unusable for a while.

Problem Number 2:

My usual max clock speed without the monitor plugged is around 3,6GHZ (not 3,8 as advertised) and this speed stays stable for the entire time however the instant I plug the monitor in the processor speed becomes really unstable never hitting 3,0GHZ

This issue really annoys me because I really want to use my mac with a monitor but this performance drop really impacts me a lot.

Demoz's MacBook Pro 13"

Posted on Jul 20, 2019 11:28 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2019 2:26 PM

Hello,

I suggest that you reach out to Apple for further assistance on this problem.

Contact AppleCare

Similar questions

1 reply

MacBook Pro 2018 performance issues while connecting to a monitor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.